C3: Chichi's Classic Cock-Ups

Tales of woe from from your average Joe Schmoe! Ever had an embarrassing moment you'd much rather forget? I've had loads! And I'm sharing!

Monday, August 21, 2006

locked up... AGAIN!!!


I know a lot of my posts in C3 are hard to believe but I speak the truth in here. Scout's honor (even though I was a member of the Red Cross). Some are aware of my little "Ajala The Traveller" holiday completed recently and on the 1st London leg (thank GOD twas that one for if twas the 2nd leg, I'd still be there, legally but broke-ly... very broke-ly), I managed to incarcerate myself in my brother's flat. How did I do it? I wonder.

It was my 1st time in his flat the night before and he was off to Newcastle the following evening after work (Thursday, July 29th), so we met in town for me to cut a key as he'd still be'oop nooth' when I left for NY on the Sunday. So, we cut the key, do our goodbyes and I head back to his, slam the door and proceed to blast the PC music (11.5GB of old school madness, I was in heaven), chat online, play PS2 and yap away on the phone.

At about 2 o'clock, I decide to hit the street. I remember not where it is I was going but it was time to break out. So, I turn everything off, pick up my freshly cut keys and head for the door. Try to open the door and no marbles. That's odd, I think but I think nothing of it. I start to panic when the knob won't turn or the latch won't give way. What's going on, I wonder? I yank, knock, kick but nada. Then I realize the awful truth... I AM LOCKED IN! Why oh why did I slam the door? This sucks ass majorly! Okay Chichi, woo sah! woo sah! Calm down and breathe easy.

I call big bro to ask if this has happened before but it's as foreign to him as Fijians. He laughs and calls me "Mr. Foolish" like he loves to but assures me there is nothing he can do about it. Once work is done, I best believe he's on a train to Newcastle and I'm in the London branch of OYO (On Your Own) and then he does the villainous movie laugh and hangs up. Ok. Now you can panic. More wrestling with the door but nada happens. Problem. However, Chichi hates stress, so just puts everything back on and relaxes like nothing happened. How for do?

About 3 hours passed and I realized how ridiculous it was, so I gave it another go. Nada. So I chose to call my darling Elaine. She's always there for me. I call her and tell her I need her to come over and she goes she's sorry, just got back from work and she can't! Woah! I just ended the convo there and we had a little 'lover's tiff' over it later but it was nothing really. Just a misunderstanding. Then, I decided to call my other darling Maimuna. This i'da done much earlier as she lives 5/10 minutes away from my brother but you see, a few minutes before the initial lock-in, we had had a falling out and the stubborness in me didn't let me call. BUT I WAS TRAPPED!

So, I called, she laughed, took her time (about 45 minutes) then came over to finally free silly willy. She refused to believe anyone could be that stupid and wanted to convince herself I did it as a cheap ploy to get her over. I wish that was the case, that I'd stoop that low to make up a bullshit story just so I can prove victorious but no, I had really locked myself in. So, I step outside, she stays in, we lock the door and all I hear from the other side is her sarcastic laugh as she opens the door from the inside. "Chinedu Iroche," she says, "I refuse to believe you are this stupid." "I swear I was trapped," I yell in my defence.

See, what had happened was, I tried to shift the lock, which had set into place when I slammed the door, left and right repeatedly to no avail, when all I had to do was shift it up or down. So in essense, my refusal to use my common sense and some patience had me locked up for 4 hours. I can still hear her laughter and abuse ringing in my ears.

I DON'T NEED TO HEAR YOURS!!!

Blog Marley out like his senses on July 29th '06!

10 Comments:

  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Aramide said…

    loserrrr....maims shd hav made u go on ur knees n if and only if she could visibly see u on ur knees

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Aramide said…

    and u go elaine!

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Don Chi as Blog Marley a.k.a. El Senor Supremo said…

    @mona:
    and there i was thinking i could go anywhere in the puboric and declare that you had my back. tsk tsk. i am "mr. foolish" sha!

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    el stupido muchos! hehe. i wanna say it coulda been anyone... but no. only you!

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wat makes u tink no one will blive u?...if i remember ow u messd up up jumpin off d bus(as if u had no trainin 4rm lag;..lag sense). It cld only be one person OLUWAYOMI IROCHE(God'll save u)

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Don Chi as Blog Marley a.k.a. El Senor Supremo said…

    @anonymous:
    fear not. tell me who you are. although the el stupido muchos sounds strangely familiar. lolo maybe?

    @zyl:
    who are you? you know me! show ya face gangsta!

     
  • At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...oh Lord, I laugh my head off again. Kai...u shoulda seen his face when I opened the door again...hehehe...mr foolish sha...

     
  • At 5:27 AM, Blogger Don Chi as Blog Marley a.k.a. El Senor Supremo said…

    @maimuna:
    sharrap dere.

     
  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger chainreader said…

    these stories are hilarious. you really are a mess! and i mean that in the nicest way possible.

    "when shall you update?
    this year or next year?
    .....................".

    sorry, don't remember the rest of the song.

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Don Chi as Blog Marley a.k.a. El Senor Supremo said…

    @chainreader:
    "... sometime or never.
    how many cock-ups will you make?
    .................."

    i forget the rest meself.

    nice one

     

Post a Comment

<< Home